Wednesday 26 September 2012

Bagles

Inspired by The Great British Bake off, again it surged me to bake this one. 
I only baked Bagels back in Japan probably when I was ay University student, it was my Bagle boom. 
Bagel has quite a stories for me, a nostalgia, and indeed a starting point of my baking/cafe journey. 

COPA, it's called. 
A Bagel sandwitch shop in my home town. It smelled so foreign, post cards on the wall were all over from world, sounds of BBC from old radio, deep ruby coloured coffee, master's unmistakable move to make a perfect sandwich. 
I was a high school student. A bit precoucious one of course, sitting such a bar counter with school uniform. I was so fascinated to run my own one day. 

COPA closed when Satoshi san, the master decided to go to Tokyo for bread training for good, he said " I should be able to bake own bagels if I serve bagel sandwich". It was so cool.  I was a bit sad COPA closed, but I easily met him in Tokyo again to do a cafe tour together. I and Satoshi san had a very good time in Tokyo, discovering new cafes and discussed what we liked, while I was feeling a bit odd, the high school girl and a cafe master, being on a same stage to talk a about cafes. Anyway, I was dreaming of having one like Satoshi san's COPA.

That's how I started my cafe dream. It's all just make sense to me. I am still dream of having my own cafe, Cafe de Satoko.

 
Poppyseed&Sesami Bagles

Wholemeal Bagles

No comments:

Post a Comment