Monday 24 September 2012


I came to know the new book "Scandilicious" 's auther Signe Johansen is (was sort of) an Anthropologist. 
She studied at SOAS for Anthropology of Food, and also Social Anthropology at Cambridge. 
Just like Yotam Ottolenghi who completed his academic status in MA in philosophy, I am feeling that I should also go forward a bit. 

For today's lunch at home, my fridge was completely empty (as we are moving away quite soon in our plan) but some preservative jars. What I've got was beetroot chutney, green paper pickles, anchovy and salted garkins. Well, I baked Rye bread this morning, very much inspired by recent Nordic Bakery and Scandikitchen boom, along with Signe's Scandilicious, I am very much into Northern Wintery Food. Here it is, my scrap of preservatives breathe into something cosy. Open rye bread sandwich of beetroot cabbege soybean salad with pickled pepper and garkins, special boiled egg on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment